Individual Consultant -to Prepare a Discussion Paper
The services of an expert are required to prepare a well-researched discussion paper and identify policy implications and recommendations to ensure that laws work for women and contribute to prevent violence against women in Brazil. The paper will be evidence based and will provide analysis from a human development perspective.
Specific functions include:
* The consultant will submit a substantive paper which would take into account the human development approach. The major arguments of the paper must be substantiated with examples and good practices. The Consultant is expected to submit:
* A first cut of the outline/table of contents, indicating the structure of the paper 10 days from commission of the work. The draft outline will be reviewed internally by the IC4HD Team and feedback will be provided to the consultant;
* First draft of the paper by 28 November 2013 including a comprehensive bibliography and proper in text referencing system;
* The draft will be reviewed internally by the IC4HD Team and feedback will be provided to the consultant;
* Revised full draft by 15 January 2013, with a maximum of 20, 000 words including an executive summary of not more than 2, 000 words. The revised draft will be reviewed internally as well as externally and feedback will be provided to the consultant;
* Final paper by 28 February 2014. The consultant may be required to present the draft paper at a workshop organized on the theme and incorporate suggestions made by the experts attending the workshop into the revised draft.
The paper will not be deemed completed until feedback from IC4HD is fully addressed.
The deliverables will be the property of IC4HD and copyright will be vested with IC4HD.
The consultant will report to the IC4HD Director.
* Analytical skills;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Ability to meet deadlines;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong analytical skills;
* Strong personal commitment to gender equality and human rights;
* Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards;
* Positive, constructive attitude to work;
* Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
* See other vacancies in Brazil or at UNDP.
* Try using Advanced search.
Vacancies grouped by organization,
Vacancies grouped by duty station or
Most viewed vacancies.